moderated New feature: donations

Hi All,

I have just rolled out the ability for premium groups to request donations from their members. There's a new Donations tab under the Admin sidebar menu, where you can create and manage donation requests. Groups that have open donation requests will see a new Donations tab in the normal group sidebar where members can view open donation requests.

Here is the text you see when you go to the Admin Donations page for the first time:

  • We use Stripe.com to accept credit card payments. In order to accept donations, you will need to have a Stripe account.
  • Clicking the Connect with Stripe button will take you to a page to create a new Stripe account or connect an existing Stripe account. Stripe accounts are free.
  • Once you've connected a Stripe account, you will be able to create donation requests and your members will be able to donate using a credit card.
  • The Groups.io processing fee is 20%, which includes all credit card processing fees.
  • When you create a donation request, it is considered open, which means that members can submit donations. You can close donations when they are complete.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for improvements.

Thanks, Mark