moderated Re: Database instructions - wishlist

Drew

You can include your own instructions at the top of the db table; just edit the Description field. See attached jpg.

Drew

On 05/02/19 11:05, Milt Baker wrote:
When one opens a Groups.io database, there are no instructions at the top telling a member how to add a new record.  That seems to have kept a lot of our members from adding to the databases in the groups I moderate.  Moreover, the "Add Row" button isn't intuitive to non-programmers and it in the wrong location.
Recommendation - Add the following to the Groups.io wishlist:
Create a new "Add New Record" button at the *top* of the database to replace the current "Add Row" button at the bottom of the database.
To illustrate the problem, following is an exchange with one of my new members on the subject.
Thanks,
Milt Baker, owner/chief moderator, Nordhavn Owners Group (NOG)

Hi milt,

I am trying to add my info about N5276, however when I click on the link
you provided, it gives me a list of owners. I can edit the database (scary
thing to allow users to do), however I can’t see a spot to add info.

Thanks
Kenn & Kim Morrison
N5276

Sent from my iPhone

-------
Re: NOG
-------
Inbox
On May 2, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Milt Baker < miltbaker47@... > wrote:

Kenn,
I admit that creating a new record in the Groups.io ( http://groups.io/ )
database is not very intuitive!  That's probably scared off more than a
few people off.
Actually, adding your information is really quite simple.  Here's how to
do it:
Once you get to the Nordhavn Owners Group Members database, scroll to the
bottom and click on the red box that says *+ Add Row * which is Groups.io (
http://groups.io/ ) -speak for create a new database record.   Then a
series of labeled blank boxes will pop up, so just go ahead and enter your
information for each blank box.  Not all boxes require answers, but we
recommend that you provide information in every box.  Once you've done
that, you can add a picture of yourself and your mate and one of your
boat.  Once you've done that, be sure to click on the *+ Save Row* box to
save the information,
Easy-peasy!
Good luck,
Milt
-------
Re: NOG
-------
Inbox
Kenn Morrison
10:43 AM (19 minutes ago)
to me
Hi milt,
Done and thanks for the quick response.
Thanks again for all you do for the group.
Thanks
Kenn