Re: Members Removed for Marking Messages as spam AUTO-Message suggested modification

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 06:01 AM, ro-esp wrote:
In most email interfaces I've used the Display Name is more prominent
than the actual address, so I think this would address the concern.
You lost me here...
When you see something like:

             The Groups.io Team <xyz+owner@groups.io>

do you immediately think, "Oh, that's a message from the owner that they sent," or, "That's an automated message"?

Most of us will think the latter because, "The Groups.io Team," the display name, is what is considered the most indicative of the origin, regardless of the actual address shown with it.  An alternate display name is often used as a mechanism to differentiate such.

              ~ Brian Vogel