Re: Members Removed for Marking Messages as spam AUTO-Message suggested modification

ro-esp

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 09:31 PM, Shal Farley wrote:

> Since there is no owner/moderator activity involved, it would be
> better to have it read something like "system@groups.io" as sender

My suggestion would be:

From: The Groups.io Team <groupname+owner@groups.io>
Sorry, you seem to have missed my point: I want to make it clear that the process is automatic, and that the unsubbing was NOT a deliberate action by some moderator/owner.

That would use a Display Name reflecting the signature within the
message, while preserving the From address so that any reply from the
(former) member will go to the group owners/mods.
I don't see anything wrong in having replies to such notifications going to the moderators

In most email interfaces I've used the Display Name is more prominent
than the actual address, so I think this would address the concern.
You lost me here...

groetjes, Ronaldo