moderated Re: User-friendly message rejection after attempt to post to a locked thread #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 4/26/2019 23:40, Marv Waschke wrote:
I should add that I fully defer to the arguments that locked threads are necessary and a user friendly response is desirable, but I won't endorse a solution that relaxes security because Groups.io is too obscure to be worth defending. I will wait for a solution that maintains the current level of security and supports the desired functionality. Put some heart into both security and functionality.

IMHO, the problem with this line of reasoning is seeing groups.io as a single thing. Such an attack would target a single group because a locked thread belongs to one and only one group. If the customized lock message was a preference that each group could turn on and off, those that benefit from the feature could use it even as other groups turned it off as they found necessary.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.