moderated Re: User-friendly message rejection after attempt to post to a locked thread #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:55 PM, Duane wrote:
Please see https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/20525

Duane
Sorry, Duane, this is a legitimate discussion.  And it has nothing to do with shooting down a suggestion.   There are technical issues that have been under discussion and that deserve airing.

I stand by everything I've said.   The concerns expressed about the potential for a very remote possibility do not warrant active defenses.  The removal of the original message from any "This topic is locked" message is more than adequate to address any concern expressed so far.

You don't need, nor, for that matter, do you want, "Fort Knox to protect a broken bicycle."   That's precisely what the initial objections were, and even if the original message were to be included in a locked message, still are.   This is just not a part of the "spamming repertoire" as it currently exists and is very unlikely to ever become a part of it.

              ~ Brian Vogel