moderated Re: "Likes" revisited

dave w

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 02:38 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Another head scratcher.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it doesn't go with the medium.  It's an insane workaround.
The same could be, and is, said for inane sig lines and witticisms some think are humorous in messages.
Another reason I have never subscribed via email- either here at at Y* on near 30 groups of interest.

My only reason for reading this thread is the apparent banning of an inane feature, that, ostensibly does nothing to or for groups anyway. It massages an ego but you have to look for it on the site.

I've been waiting to see some effort to quantify likes- my own or others- as there's no other way to highlight useful/ efficient/ accurate information contained in or attached to messages, other than copying each and every piece of documentation/ text out to a separate dbase.

FWIW, contrarily,