Re: Members Removed for Marking Messages as spam AUTO-Message suggested modification

Sharon Villines

On Apr 26, 2019, at 11:48 AM, Ken Schweizer <@KenSch> wrote:

I don't think we can be too simplistic when telling a member that they have been removed from a group. I'd like to suggest a few small changes, including strategic CAPITALIZATION, to the message to ensure our members read it as intended.

You have been automatically removed from GROUPNAME because "YOUR" Email Service Provider reported to us that one or more messages "SENT TO YOU" from GROUPNAME has been marked as spam "BY YOU OR YOUR E-MAIL PROVIDER and NOT DUE TO ANY POST FROM YOU". We suggest that you check your spam box as soon as possible to see if "YOUR" Email Service Provider has diverted legitimate messages into it.
The age of list members makes a huge difference on email lists. I have a range of people from 90 to 21. Older people have a huge problem understanding all the routing and who does what in email. I still can’t get direct answers when I ask “Do you read on the web or do you download messages to an email program.” I have to ask "what browser do you use” and that totally confuses the Outlook users. Then the confusion about yahoo the email account, yahoo the website, etc. Google is a nightmare.

As people die, this problem will go away but I have people in their 40s who get stressed and confused, so that time is still out there some place in the future. A deadline to meet when your email goes down can produce frenzy. And the more Groups.io has enterprise accounts, the more frequent this will be.

One of the best ways to emphasize a statement is white space between short sentences and center them.

bbbbbbbbb

cccc

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sharon