moderated Re: User-friendly message rejection after attempt to post to a locked thread #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 4/24/2019 08:32, Shal Farley wrote:
I admit it does seem far-fetched that a miscreant would put together the pieces necessary to exploit this particular suggestion.

This I agree with. And furthermore, the way around all of the speculation is to make it a feature that individual groups can turn on or off as a preference. So, for those groups for whom it works and want this, great and if some spammer is attacking a group, they can turn it off temporarily or permanently without impairing the usage by other groups.

The same holds true, incidentally, of my other suggestion to send it a queue, by which I meant a different queue than the regular moderation queue. The idea would be that it would be easier in a separate queue to select all and send the group's customized locked thread message than to have to pick them out of the general moderation queue.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.