moderated Re: Moderator Permissions

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 01:59 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Seriously, though, of course there is difficulty in formulating such a guideline because of the fine lines. I think one such line is whether or not a proposed feature would affect everyone or whether, OTOH, it would be an optional feature or setting that users would not even necessarily have to see. In the latter case, debate should be limited (or precluded entirely). Etc.
And, a big +1 to that.   Not that it will surprise anyone that's been around here for a while, least of all you, but my finally "getting" that latter case internalized took a while.

There are requests for features that have zero impact on those who do not use them, and those really shouldn't be up for debate by the beta membership.  Mark can choose to implement 'em or not.

If there could be "collateral damage" it's entirely appropriate to bring those concerns up in a civil manner.

              ~ Brian Vogel