moderated Re: Moderator Permissions

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 10:47 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I understand and support that guideline, and try to follow it.   That being said, there is a fine line between "debating usefulness" and discussing just what features in a proposed feature suggestion might be problematic
I love the meta here, as a comment on my "feature suggestion" for a group guideline. :)

Seriously, though, of course there is difficulty in formulating such a guideline because of the fine lines. I think one such line is whether or not a proposed feature would affect everyone or whether, OTOH, it would be an optional feature or setting that users would not even necessarily have to see. In the latter case, debate should be limited (or precluded entirely). Etc.