moderated Re: Moderator Permissions

Jeremy H

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 09:58 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 11:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
You can bet there will be some group owners who will object to this, and strenuously.
Given that the above may well be true can I suggest / request that further discussion reverts to the GMF topic where it all began? The relevant thread starts here.

Better that than clogging up beta.

Chris
IMHO, no: the GMF discussion (on how and why) on this particular issue reached a conclusion: that a change is desirable - discussion of that change, to reach a consensus, is a matter for Beta.

Getting back to the requested change, I am in favour: moderators should be able to see whether they have a privilege (or not). I can understand why this may be considered undesirable, and so objected to: there are two possible was of avoiding this - either make it an optional feature,  that can switched on/off as a group setting; or that only those moderator privileges which are set are listed (but not those which aren't) - and I would suggest that the choice between then should be down to ease of implementation as much as anything.

A further point to mention - as it is relevant, and needs to be catered for - is that it possible (and reasonable) for a moderator to have no specific privileges (but just be a moderator), which gives them access to various features, which can be set to '(all) moderators only'.

Jeremy