moderated Re: Search function for Member Directory #suggestion #done

Maria

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 01:42 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Can you come up with a use case for this? An example mark or us might be able to see a justification for said idea?

Sure. You go to an event that's organized in a group or subgroup you are subscribed to.
You meet someone and only recall their first name, and you would like to DM them to reconnect.
So you go to the directory and you have to look at potentially thousands of profiles to find that person.

If a member could search they'd just enter that person's first name and that would help reduce the profiles you have to look through to find that person.

Or

You go to an event, meet someone, and that person says: "Hey, I have to run, nice meeting you! DM me via the group directory and we can have a follow-up meeting"
You go to the Directory and see thousands of profiles and you can't search for that person's name. So you sit there and press click, click, click and thinking, "If only there were a way to search this directory like I do every other contact list I have on devices and computers".

Maria