moderated Re: "Find Content" for Member Function

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 01:08 PM, HR Tech wrote:
gives mods more tools
I was thinking only of messages (content) created by a member, but, this feature should not only be available to moderators or owners.

I have very often as a member remembered that "so and so was talking about such and such about a month ago, and I can't seem to get the right search terms to pull it up."  When that happens, I use the "Find Content" feature on that member's profile (which, of course, has to be a public profile in order for me to see it as a regular member) to pull up the list of topics they've participated in, from most recent to oldest sort order by default.   I can generally then recognize the topic I'm recalling as I glance at the topics and the timeframe.

Also, though this has not happened at all on the Groups.io groups I moderate, one can definitely get what I call Rapid Serial Spammers, who very cleverly make a first post that appears to be entirely legit, gets approved and unmoderated, then begins to flood with spam afterward.   It is a grand PITA to clean up afterward, but made much easier by being able to pull up all content from said member in one fell swoop.

Like I said, this could be implemented as a function/button, or it could be implemented as an advanced search option, or it could be implemented both ways.

              ~ Brian Vogel