moderated Re: Hide Topic Function #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Sarah,

            Hence the reason I say that a "Hide then Lock" feature could be used to avoid said situation.   I recall the topics you're making reference to, and in all cases it was because a locked topic had subsequently been deleted that the "raising from the dead" could occur.  Groups.io does not (and perhaps cannot) keep a log of deleted topics such that if someone attempts to reply to one via e-mail that it will bounce (and that's what I'd want it to do).

             If I can keep the topic, but hide it, then lock it, it is still a part of the group topic structure, but not accessible to the membership at large for further interaction, which is what I'd be looking for on certain occasions.

              ~ Brian Vogel