moderated Re: Hide Topic Function #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Also, I forgot to mention that if such were to be implemented, it's vital that the Lock function can be used in conjunction with the Hide function.

If I am recalling correctly, if one locks a topic, then deletes that topic, members can reply to it and have that reply re-create the topic one was trying to eradicate.  There needs to be a way to either lock and delete - and have the lock apply to all subsequent direct reply attempts, or hide and lock, which would have the same effect were someone to try to reply directly.   If the decision has been made to lock a topic, hidden, visible or deleted, the member should get the "topic locked" message back if they attempt to reply to it.

              ~ Brian Vogel