moderated Re: email address from sender

Michael Cope <mcope@...>

The point of the request is to PREVENT people from contacting the sender privately unless the sender has given permission such as by posting his email address in the body of whatever he posted. The problem being addressed is folks who violate the courtesy customs set up in the group (which of course could vary from group to group). In our group the rules are if you send a group message it goes to the group and if you want to send a private email to a willing participant do if off group . And in my view should really be at the discretion of the individual sender whether they are willing to accept private emails from everyone in the group....that makes it a subscription option.

Mike

At 04:41 AM 4/14/2019, you wrote:
On 2019/04/13 06:32 PM, Michael Cope wrote:

...it should be a small task to simply allow an option in the Subscription to let individual users hide their FROM address (but not
their Name) and have whatever would work substituted in that field.
Well, if there is, then I think it should be substituted with something
that allows other members to contact the person privately.

Perhaps a URL to the person's profile page (where there is an "Email"
button). This would, however, require such users to set up a profile
page, and to then set that setting in their profile page settings. And
it would require that the profile visibility is set to "Other members of
your group" at least.

Groups.io does not have a "private message" feature yet, right?

Samuel