moderated Re: separate (optional!) tab for sticky messages #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 04:31 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
A separate tab at the left for "sticky topics" (or other terminology) would solve this problem. Right now, the choice is between important, often-cited topics to be either (1) accumulating at the top of the Topics list, causing inconvenience; or (2) on the other hand, locatable only via a search.
This could be quite a useful facility; I have run into the same problem of the front page filling up with sticky topics, albeit for perfectly valid reasons. Eventually I have had to unstick some of them to release space.

One weakness of the sticky topic system is that it only "works" for those members who use the web UI all the time or at least fairly often; those who rely on email posting or reading never see them.

There is one way of achieving the stated goal now, and that is a moderator - only hashtag called <something suitable> and as long as there is always one visible on the front page (for ease of finding!) then clicking on it will bring up all the topics with that hashtag applied. Works for any member who remembers that short cut. :)

Chris