moderated Re: Why isn't there a "don't like" option, in addition to the "like" option?

Bob Bellizzi

I can see the rational use of Like and Don't Like in relation to the way a feature operates, the lack or or the plethora of color in an abstract art piece as well as two heads in place of feet in same.

When Mark proposes or implements a new feature, shorthand opinions have great merit for his overly busy days.
A quick scan of Beta's Like/Don't Like tagging for a feature would give him a quick read.  Then, as chief of all at groups.io he could expand his understanding of both by reading appropriate messages from the Likers/Dislikers or even elicit opinions from them if he's of a mind.  In short, a quick survey  of opinions might be helpful in this case.

But to allow free use of like/dislike to any message is to question not only the content but to possibly cause the author of the (unliked) message to question what they did wrong, and/or a plethora of other questions about what/why was not liked.  More timid souls would likely be totally silenced.  (no chance of finding me in that last category)
--

Bob Bellizzi

Founder, Fuchs Friends ®