moderated Re: Why isn't there a "don't like" option, in addition to the "like" option?

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I said elsewhere that were I given a choice, the "Like" button would itself be discontinued.

Groups.io is about as far from social media as I can imagine online these days, and upvote (like) and downvote (dislike) buttons scream social media or newspaper comments sections to me (and many of the latter dropped both a long time ago).

I find them to be the equivalent of "Me too!!" messages, but with a "direction."   I've never found this sort of content serves any useful purpose to the membership at large.

              ~ Brian Vogel