moderated Re: Anonymous suggestion box #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Personally, I see no point in a truly anonymous suggestion box, as Mark has solicited and continues to solicit suggestions from the membership at large.  If one is making a suggestion to him there's no reason he shouldn't know who made it if he wished to explore it further with the person making the suggestion.

I come back to supporting the idea of a suggestions e-mail address that would be "off-beta" and go straight to Mark, but where he would obviously know from whom the suggestion originated.

This seems, in the final analysis, to be what he wants anyway based upon his post, Feature bloat and what should and should not be added.
If no discussion of suggestions by others is desired, and that does appear to be what is wanted, having same being made on an open forum makes little sense to begin with.  Another option, were suggestions to still be made on the beta group, would be instant moderation on any topic using the #suggestion family of hashtags (and I would include a number of others that exist as being just another term for suggestion).

Also, not every feature change is, will be, or should be subject to review by the membership at large.  You cannot please all of the people all of the time, and if Mark elects to make a change one must remember that Groups.io is "his product."  I have to deal with product changes that I don't like with virtually any cyber-product I've ever used, and Groups.io has not been any different in that regard.  And some of the things I don't like others adore.  You just can't please all of the people all of the time, and trying to do so is a recipe for disaster.