moderated Re: email addresses for suggesting features offlist from beta #suggestion

Jim Higgins

Received from J_Catlady at 4/3/2019 05:18 PM UTC:

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 10:15 AM, Jim Higgins wrote:
Perhaps... but who is to say that others can't discuss it?
The suggestion belongs to the user. If they decide to give it to Mark or beta, that's their decision.

Agreed so far.

If they put it into the suggestion box, the answer to your question "who" is: Mark. He can always put it out there.

There is no such suggestion box. The debate here is about the creation of one... and I'm on the side that thinks that shielding ideas of change/enhancement from debate is a very bad thing.

I'm tired, very very tired, of this. I wish that I had made this suggestion via a suggestion box. Unfortunately, one does not yet exist. ;)

We do have a "suggestion box." It's called "beta." The suggestion box we don't have is the one where comments on proposed changes are unwelcome. With any luck, that suggestion box will never exist.

Jim H