moderated Re: email addresses for suggesting features offlist from beta #suggestion

Jim Higgins

Received from Chris Jones via Groups.Io at 4/3/2019 12:14 PM UTC:

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 01:08 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
(3) sometimes a feature is very simple and doesn't require much or any discussion
That is doubtless true, and I am not unsympathetic to concerns about discussion here descending into the politics of the bear pit on occasions.

I'm not unsympathetic to those concerns either, but the idea seemingly being put forth that all suggestions should be shielded from any discussion of them is a bit disconcerting. There's a HUGE difference between objective discussion/debate/refinement and mindless arguing/bickering/opposition.

"Democracy" can be very, very messy sometimes.

Indeed... along with the reasonable expression of opposing views.

Jim H