moderated Re: email addresses for suggesting features offlist from beta #suggestion

But (1) open discussion in beta is not supposed to consist mainly of “hey, never heard of the existing feature, what is it, how does it work, and by the way here’s how to do it”; and (2) feature suggestions are not supposed to consist of a lot of backlash, per Mark; and (3) sometimes a feature is very simple and doesn’t require much or any discussion. I feel inclined to send feature suggestions directly to Mark from now on. It’s gotten to the point where I preemptively try to prevent the constant backlash and even when I go that, often 99% of the open discussion involves basic explanations to people of what already exists.

It is exhausting. There should be a dedicated email address for feature suggestions as an alternative to posting in beta. If Mark feels a suggestion warrants discussion, he can post a query in beta.

On Apr 2, 2019, at 4:47 PM, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:

That would tend to defeat the open discussion policy that the beta group was formed to provide.

--
Gerald

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.