moderated Re: The topics-test page shows currently disabled

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:49 AM Leeni <leeniluvsgroups@...> wrote:

In one of my groups we are in the process of deleting very old messages from when my group was on Yahoo.
The messages are all blank. There isn't anything in them now. There is no reason that they need to be there.
There are many thousands of them. I went to work on deleting them and I got the following message
when I added the -test to the topics URL

Yes, I had to disable that page because you were hammering the system with delete requests. The system is not currently optimized to delete bulk messages like you were doing and it puts a load on the system. The URL has '-test' in the name for a reason....

We need that feature to work or a way we can hide the messages from members or another way to delete messages in mass. My groups are used as email groups only and new people who join the group shouldn't be able to reap the benefits of the group before they were members.

The groups.io system wasn't really designed for that type of usage.