moderated Visibility of Menus

Sharon Villines

The Groups.io menus are less visually noticeable than they could be. The content on the page contains lots of blue and white space, various symbols ( [ … etc.

The menus are gray and the text seems smaller — though it may be the effect of the color and variation of the main content. If the point size were 1-2 points larger I don’t think I would have to point out the menu to people as often, if ever. The addition of a standard color for the menu background might also help. I like the nice clean black, white, and blue palette, but a pale grey or blue wouldn’t clutter or distract.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Design is the first sign of human intention." William McDonough