moderated Re: Maintain Defaults Whenever Practical #suggestion

Jeremy H

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 04:21 PM, HR Tech wrote:
The function of the feed is to provide a feed of recent activity, the form it's presented in does that. I don't see distractions or frills in the feed.
It's quite minimalist actually. Shows us: active topics/new - upcoming events/ new files/ new photos/new subgroups/new chats/ and only shows them if they actually have new content.
But - in it's current form, which is rigidly divided by group - it doesn't do that in way - unless you're only in one group (and AIUI we are all (also) in the Updates group, are there any such people?).

As it is, it is a partial list of your groups (only those with recent activity!), showing their description and recent activity (which may be the last few actions, or may go back a month), so rather long - to go to other groups you may have to scroll a long way - and organised by last activity time (so, when that was yesterday or earlier, on an apparently random basis). Not something I feel really useful, or usable.

If redone to give an overall view, across groups of "active topics/new - upcoming events/ new files/ new photos/new subgroups/new chats/ ", and with the ability to tailor to show what we want - and not we don't - then, yes I can see it being be very useful.

Jeremy