moderated Re: Reply to Sender

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 02:45 PM, Noel Leaver wrote:
I would say what it achieves is rather more than mild discouragement, more hidden so nobody finds it without being told where it is.
Perhaps so. I look at it this way:  Although we group owners are accustomed to using the web interface, I'd say that 80-90% of my subscribers use email only. The "reply-to" fields of all outgoing emails are populated per the group default setting. If the subscriber's email client respects that (a whole other conversation), then clicking on "reply" sends it back that way. To override, they have to manually populate the To: address.

So sending someone a non-default reply to a group email does require jumping through a hoop or two. It seems only appropriate to me that the web interface behave similarly.

Regards,
Bruce