moderated Re: Reply to Sender

Bruce,

Are you sure about that? Here are the original threads on this subject, from way back in 2016. I've just briefly skimmed it, but some of the exact same concerns and suggestions were brought up then (some of which were implemented, some of which weren't), with the same complaints as now, and it looks like Mark never explicitly weighed into it -

preventing reply to group/sender mixups:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/2185296?
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/2182742

prefix 'offlist' to private replies:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/2193803