moderated Re: Reply to Sender

Sarah k Alawami

To me it's fine. This is howmost forums I've ben on work so I'm used to the change and have ben usign this for 2-3 years on groups.io when I visit the web interface which is rare, maybe 2-3 times a year.

On 27 Mar 2019, at 7:30, Barbara Byers wrote:

I would agree with showing all or part of the email address for the same reason, to show it's going to the right person.

Now that I played around with it, I'm OK with how it works, it's just the "Private" isn't very intuitive.  Could it be labeled "Private Reply"  or something like that?  Just thinking out loud.

Barb

On 2019-03-27 10:22 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

I remember arguing the same as Noel when the feature first came into being. I wanted people to be able to (i.e., have to) click "private" before even composing their reply. The thread is probably easily locatable. It was another big one. As I vaguely recall, it came to being this way because of implementation issues. But I agree with Maria that at this point, it rarely causes problems.

I do wish that the email address, or at least part of the email address, where the private reply is going could be visible or even partly visible. It always makes me vaguely nervous to send private replies because I never see that 100% confirmation I need to see that I haven't screwed up and addressed it to the wrong person. But this is probably a separate topic.