moderated Re: Reply to Sender

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 07:51 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 07:47 AM, Noel Leaver wrote:
Even Offlist would be clearer in my view
Oh, sorry, I think you were referring to the button. I wouldn't mind the button being changed to "Offlist" either. Then the button name and the word at the front of the message would match.

I also argued awhile back that the message body itself start with and identifying word like "offlist" or "private." It frequently happens that I get a private message from someone and have no idea it's private, because the message is threaded within the topic in my emails. I then answer the message, assuming my message is going to appear onlist, and only when my reply doesn't post do I belatedly realize the message was private. I consider myself a savvy user and if this is happening to me, it's probably happening to others. I've even had some unpleasant communication problems because of this misunderstanding.