moderated Re: search suggestion - first posts of all new topics

J,

Totally, which was I was flummoxed by your mentioning it. :-)
I find the UI design aspects interesting.

The challenge (for Mark, ultimately) is to let the user ask for the result you want, within the style of the site and, hopefully, leveraging existing concepts and controls in a way that makes the function easily discoverable. In this case, that UI choice happens to suggest an implementation modeled on the implementation of the existing date sort.

I'm hoping that my comment on your suggestion might edge it closer to the top of Mark's to-do list.

Shal