moderated Re: Feed view now the default

Sharon Villines

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 01:14 PM, Ken Schweizer wrote:
I would like to suggest that a message to the owners stating the change and date to be implemented before a major change is rolled out to all groups so that we can warn our members.
I find that for most people reading email is an automatic thing that they don’t think about until they sign on and find changes. Telling them in advance can be confusing because they can’t see what I’m talking about, and it just triggers more questions — usually that I can’t answer. It also puts them in the position of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Once there is a change, I can send a screenshot which is much clearer. When people started talking about a feed, I was thinking in terms of one feed with all the recent messages, for example, and had lots of questions.

As soon as the change is implemented I can explain and attach a screen shot.

I do appreciate it that the previous choice is still there. When one has 30 groups the feed is really overwhelming and not very useful, but I can see how some would like it.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard Endenburg