moderated Re: Feed view now the default

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 06:02 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I'm suggesting an account option "
And on top of that: I think it would be a good idea to provide checkboxes to accounts to let them specify which groups to include in the feed and which groups not to include. In terms of a feed page in general, I think this is more the norm rather than forcing everything possible into the feed without user input about what they want to see.

So the summary of my suggestions (and I'll stop here) are:

1. Make the feed page optional as a landing page (I doubt this will get implemented but I wish it would)
2. Importantly: Provide an account option to order the groups on the page either alphabetically or by recent activity. In looking back on Mark's original thread about the feed, I see the issue of the group order coming up there as well as now. I consider the current "bouncing around" (as Jim put it) of groups in the display unacceptable.
3. Provide checkboxes for which activities users want to see in their feed (chats, files, messages, etc.)
4. Provide checkboxes for which groups users want to see in their feed.

That's it. As cranky and upset as I am about this change, I'll live with it.