moderated Re: Feed view now the default

Jim Higgins

I don't like it, especially that THE ORDER OF THE GROUPS BOUNCES AROUND WITH EACH VISIT!!

That said, I really don't care... because I receive all messages from the groups I own and subscribe to as single emails sent to my home email address, so past looking at it a half dozen times to see what the fuss was about, I don't care what the feed page looks like because I don't have to see it ever again.

Since nearly day one of my move to Groups.io I've been using several links like the one below on a default home page for my browser located on my computer that take me directly into the message section of groups I own/moderate. I only visit Groups.io to do things as a group owner, so my local links point to the "Messages" view of each of the groups I own simply because that view has the "Admin" menu selection... and I go from there. Browser bookmarks would work also, and would be easier to create initially were I less tech savvy, but would be more clicks each time they're used.

https://groups.io/g/GROUPNAME/messages

I recognize that this feed page fits into larger future plans, and as such is here to stay and might as well be accepted, but I'm glad I don't have to bother with it.

I bet the ability to set the order the groups display in, as well as other sorting rationales, will soon be a BIG topic of discussion.

Jim H

Received from J_Catlady at 3/25/2019 10:02 PM UTC:

I'm tempted to create a poll here to see how many people actually prefer this new feed view thingy.