moderated Re: Suggested Feature - Provide email "call" for a message by specifying the message number

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 01:37 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Because we have no stake in it. We have no "standing." Existence or nonexistence of features like these doesn't affect us one way or the other.
I disagree, but I'm also done.   Anyone using a system as it exists has standing when changes are being discussed, whether or not said changes are something they, personally, would use or not.

I don't see feature requests as something that cannot be questioned/challenged, and for reasons both practical and philosophical, on principle.  On more than one occasion when, "But you can already do this . . .{insert way here}," has been brought up the reply has been, "Oh, I didn't know that."  That's why these sorts of discussions have value, at least to me.