moderated search suggestion - first posts of all new topics

Sometimes I'd like to see all the new topics that were started recently, or during a certain time interval. To that end, it would be helpful to be able to do a search that returns just the first messages of all topics, in chrono order.  So the suggestion is to include in search tools exclusion of all messages beginning with "Re:"  There are probably other ways to describe/implement this in the search tools, but that's the way that occurs to me.