moderated Re: Suggested Feature - Provide email "call" for a message by specifying the message number

Jim Higgins

Received from Bob Bellizzi at 3/24/2019 10:33 PM UTC:

Jim H, We already have a considerable amount of collateral literature, in a couple of languages. While this is helpful, it's never the entire answer.We also have experts' videos professionally edited from our symposiums.
"I bet you're thinking about preparing a template response containing directions and then paste the message number to be used with those directions into it."
WRONG, that's what the WIKI is for and we have a great one with short, informative, simple instructions.

And how do all those folks who are too unsavvy to take a message number and find the corresponding message via the web interface deal with a Wiki that can only be accessed via the web interface?

We do everything we can to help these people in their journey through their genetic disease even if it means we need to be nice to them <g>. You won't have much word of mouth or other good publicity by being a storm trooper. That just doesn't work in our world.

Bob Bellizzi

Yet another strawman. No one is suggesting being a storm trooper.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that "unsavvy" subscribers is getting worn out as a reason for fringe enhancement requests that involve contacting a mentor who can't be bothered to forward a copy of a message, but rather forwards only the message number and instructions on how to "call" that message by sending a very specifically formatted email.

I think this suggestion is a waste of time and that a perfectly good alternative is already available.

Jim H