moderated Re: Suggested Feature - Provide email "call" for a message by specifying the message number

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 01:43 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
So Brian, it's sink or swim right off the bat you throw them into the deep end and if they don't get it, their tough luck?

We are focused on helping the patient regain their functions rather than teaching them how to use the internet.  It may be inefficient but it's effective and has been for almost 2 decades.
Great strawman, that's for sure.  Nothing I said, nothing, implies that people should not be patiently taught how to get to a group archive and search it.

And part of helping someone, regardless of the issue at hand, is teaching them to be independent in the tools that they're using or started using.  Accessing a group archive for individuals who have any given issue, and are interested in what others who have the same one have said (probably many times) over time, is an essential skill in the circumstances you describe.  Period.