moderated Re: Suggested Feature - Provide email "call" for a message by specifying the message number

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 05:00 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Hey, that's how I ran my choirs. You either do things my way, or theres the door.
And I've been in choirs, and other organizations, that are run that way and they generally run more smoothly than those where everything has to suit everybody (which it never can and never will).

Every time someone "can't do something" that can be easily done, if they bother to learn how, the solution isn't to do it for them, but teach them how to do it themselves.  You've seen me use this technique, and in no uncertain terms, on several groups we both frequent and two of which I moderate.

I prefer to teach people how to be independent and how to do the things that any modern computer user should know how to do.  And that includes for clients of all ages and existing skill levels.  I do them no favors by pretending that spoon feeding is going to be the norm when issues arise.

Patiently explaining to those who don't know how to use features that already exist should be the first order of business.