moderated Re: Suggested Feature - Provide email "call" for a message by specifying the message number

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I don't get the idea of re-sending a message, in its entirety, by e-mail at all.   If someone has a message number then the only way I know of for anyone to have obtained same is to have looked up the content on the archive, in which case why not send the direct link to the message that the user can click to read.

Most of the groups I am on here are not frequented by tech geeks and virtually all of them, save this one and the Group Managers Forum, are used by individuals of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.   All of them are "sophisticated enough" to know how to click through on a link to read something and, if they are not, they need to become so.

We do members no favors by encouraging any kind of "digital illiteracy," and there are very, very few people today who don't know how to use a web browser, so clicking through on a link to a message in the archive and having it presented should not pose a challenge.  If it does, then teach.