moderated Re: Finding posts by a member

Dano,

As I noted, this member had no Display Name and no User Name.

As others have noted, this is irrelevant.
It still takes more clicks to find results, even if you do think to click again on the email address (which isn't highlighted like a link)

Clicking anywhere on the row (except the checkbox) to open the member's subscription page is basic functionality. That's where all the detailed information about the member is kept. I think it is fair to assume that a moderator knows or will learn that.
and then click on 'View Profile'. Keep in mine too that the system already states right in front of that "User name is not set," discouraging going that way further.

How about the Activity History tab? Doesn't that seem like a likely place to learn about the member's postings? If you're looking for a Search button Activity History is even in the likely location, at the top.

There is a whole group of people on here who pride themselves on knowing every back door and every little twist of the system. I contend that is not useful for Joe Average who's trying to moderate his group and just wants to resolve problems.

While that's true, I contend that this case isn't really about knowing any back doors. It is about being willing to see and try the doors that are presented on the page.
I think the goal of groups.io should be a system that is very easy to use for everyone, is relatively intuitive, and may even have multiple ways to do things if that is useful. I see my value to this group to always have been more in that vein.

No arguments there.
Just the caveat that it may not be possible, or reasonable to try, to make every action equally easy. Some of the things on the member's subscription page can also be done directly on the list; but (so far, at least) the Actions menu is populated with the things that make the most sense to perform on multiple members at once.

Shal