moderated Re: Finding posts by a member

Chris Jones

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 05:16 PM, D R Stinson wrote:
There is a whole group of people on here who pride themselves on knowing every back door and every little twist of the system. I contend that is not useful for Joe Average who's trying to moderate his group and just wants to resolve problems.
I can see the point you are making but (IMHO) to be an effective owner or moderator requires spending some time and effort to find out all the nooks and crannies in Groups.io and how to get the best out of the service.

I think the goal of groups.io should be a system that is very easy to use for everyone,
I think that in all fairness it must be recognised that most people seem to manage OK most of the time. (There is no implied criticism of anyone in that comment!) However, the "ease of use" depends on how much time a person spends on "research" into how Groups.io works; I don't think it is reasonable to expect it to be very easy to use for everyone unless they are prepared to put in the effort to learn about it.

Chris