moderated Re: Finding posts by a member

I would voice a mild objection to calling this an “action” because nothing is done TO the member. You’re just looking up information (all posts) about the member. But this is just a picky concern. More important is that doing if this way barely cuts down on the number of clicks needed. Whereas a link in the member list itself is the fastest possible route. Finding all posts by a member is something that I (and I’m betting many others, even if not Shal:) do extremely frequently.

BTW, whether or not a member has a display name makes absolutely no difference in the speed of finding all their posts, so I don’t know why this even came up. The display name is only helpful if you are already looking at a post by the member, in which case clicking on it and then “more” and then “member page” and then “all posts by this member” is a longer route than just clicking “more” under the message itself and then “all posts by this member”.

On Mar 17, 2019, at 9:45 PM, D R Stinson <dano@mt.net> wrote:

As the one who initially asked this, I will explain that I came to this 'dead end' by first finding the member's email address in the Members list. That gave me a listing of the email address with no Display Name. That listing had a check box in front of it and a tab below marked "Actions". I had hoped that clicking the check mark would offer me a 'View all posts" as one of the Actions.

This way it doesn't appear as anything different on the page and only lists another option in that pull-down menu.

Dano