moderated Re: Finding posts by a member

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 08:13 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
from a UI design standpoint Mark should likely be moving towards making it unnecessary to see and use arcana such as the posterid number, useful though it is right now.
Well, the posterid is displayed every time you search on all the member's posts (as I'm sure you know), and since it's the only search criterion that's guaranteed to be unique to the member's posts, I don't think this is an arcane thing at all. Mark can make it "seeable" while still "unnecessary to use." Nobody would have to use it. And it would soon become clear to anyone who DOES click on it that it brings up all the member's posts, and that you can enter "posterid:xyz" into the search box any time you want, if you happen to save a certain member's id. I would not try (futilely, since it comes up anyway) to hide this from users. On the contrary, I would try to make it easier to see.