moderated Re: Date column in Pending Approval (Members) should be "Applied"

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 07:13 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
From #2, however, that means that this date will be incorrect for previously banned people (it will refer to their join/applied date).

Mark, this all sounds great but I'm confused about the above. In fact, I'm so confused that I'm having trouble even formulating a question. Let me try a couple of them:
(1) What happens if a previously banned email address which was never agroup member is unbanned - I assume the record is simply removed from the banned list at the date of the unbanning, so nobody ever sees this "incorrect" date again anyway?

If someone was never a group member in the first place, and you banned them by entering their email address in the Ban text field, the Banned date will be correct, because we created a new subscription record (with a banned status) for that person to track the ban.

When you unban someone, we delete the subscription record completely.

(2) What happens if a previously banned email address is unbanned and then becomes a group member - i assume the date then refers to the Join/Approved (you said "Join/applied"?) date in the group, which is actually correct???

When unbanning someone, the subscription record (with the banned status) is deleted. If they then re-apply, an entirely new subscription is created, so the date will be correct.

Hope this helps.