moderated Re: make rejected-subscription notice semi-manual instead of automatic

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:50 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Specifically, the request is that rejected subscriptions be handled in the same way as rejected messages, namely: allow selection of a particular rejection notice (or other hand-typed message) at the time of rejection, rather than have an "active" notice set and needing change (or at least checking) every time a subscription is rejected.
The logic behind this is irrefutable, I'm just not quite clear on the proposed implementation yet.

If I understand correctly, this would involve doing away with the Rejected Subscription member notice altogether, rolling any existing ones into a pick-list like the one used for message moderation, and making whatever one happens to be Active a default. Are we still on the same page?

I assume this would appear on a custom screen for member review only. Which among the other features present during message moderation would you also have show up? Would we want a list of people in Pending status so you can go through them one by one? How about an option to display +owner messages so you can view responses to the Pending Subscription notice?

How could this be implemented without creating confusion among the majority of groups that only need one rejection message?

Regards,
Bruce