moderated Re: (from beta) Bulk reminders for NCs #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 02:51 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
"Wait. What earthly good does having a restricted group do if you don't require at least some information from the applicant?" Maybe some groups just google the email address or something?
In my main group, you have to join the parent organization (and pay dues) before you are allowed to participate in the discussions. We use the Pending Subscription notice to notify people of this ("please wait while we check our member list"), and to redirect non-members to our web site (where they can download an application).

I suspect there are many other possible scenarios.

A Yahoo-like questionnaire function that stores user responses has been an often-requested feature. That seems to have been fallen by the wayside. It's nice that folks have found a way to use the Pending Subscription notification to compensate, but...

Regards,
Bruce