locked Re: Email command to turn digest mode on or off?

Judy F.

Mark, as you can see I am just now catching up on messages.  I don’t remember seeing any replies here, but here are my thoughts. 

I don’t want to send an email to turn digest or any mail delivery off or on.  I want to be able to access the group, click on mail delivery I prefer and  yes or no or whatever the options are and save and that’s it.  Now if we have both options, then that should make all of us happy

With the options you show below, where would they be and would they be showing the actual group name or would it have to be entered?  I ask this because on the buying selling group the sellers are supposed to send their ads to group name@... and because they have auto complete turned on, they send them to groupname-owner@... .  This wastes time for the moderator to go back to them and tell them to repost. 

Thanks,. 

Judy F.

SW Florida - USA

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:30 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Email command to turn digest mode on or off?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 11:22 PM, christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...> wrote:

Hi all,
With other group providers, it is possible to turn digest mode on or off simply by sending a command by email to the list server. Same is true for no mail. Can this be implemented in groups.io? Someone tried to do this on our The Tech Zone list, prompting me to send this suggestion.
Thank you, I look forward to any comments on this.

We now support the following email commands:

groupname+help

groupname+single

groupname+digest

groupname+special

groupname+nomail

Thanks,

Mark 

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.