moderated Re: Suggested updates to message footer

KWKloeber

Re: copy/paste:

Maybe I’m misinterpreting, but I see no need to use separate windows.  I find it simple.
There’s pry nothing more convoluted than doing such bottom-copying, than on an iOS phone.  Certainly on a tab or windows laptop is easier.

I just:
1) Highlight (”select-all” or handles, depending);
2) Reply;
3) Paste into my reply email.

Why are separate windows necessary - I’m in only the email app.  What am I missing?

And if I’m using a web io UI window it’s even easier to copy the orig msg.  OR, copy/paste only the txt you want bottom-copied and block quote it (apply indent and the left side bar [pipe?]).

I don't know why my example (of the reply running together with orig msg) didn't work.  It was in my reply ”correctly” - but for whatever reason io stripped out something or other.

BTW - unrelated but it's not just iMail that ran together the example I tried to show (delivered email lost the indent & pipe) - the Outlook app did it as well.

Email has been around forever; why can't they all just play nice together?

-k